Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This easy vegan queso dip comes together in just a few minutes and is packed with delicious flavor without the dairy.
Easy vegan queso dip is your new go-to party appetizer. Why? Well, because these days everyone has different dietary needs. Some people are vegan, some people are gluten free, and this queso dip is both of those things. …though, it’s not nut-free (sorry!). It’s quick to whip up if you’re in a hurry or simply don’t want to spend a ton of time prepping an appetizer. Plus, it’s Memorial Day, so what could be better?
VEGAN QUESO RECIPE
Yes, this dip is made with cashews. I think cashews are incredibly versatile and pretty essential in vegan baking and cooking. They provide a creamy consistency, and that’s exactly why I opted to use them as the main ingredient in this easy queso dip recipe.
VEGAN QUESO DIP INGREDIENTS
- raw cashews — make sure they’re raw and NOT salted
- dairy free milk
- nutritional yeast
- red onion
- chili powder
- smoked paprika
- stuff for toppings — red onion, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeños, etc.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN QUESO
Soak the cashews: Don’t skip this step! Soaking your cashews will make them easier to blend, which ultimately makes for a smoother texture. Alternative option: boil the cashews. If you forgot to soak your cashews (I always do!), you can simply bring them to a boil and boil them for 20 minutes or so or until they’re larger in size.
Blend it up, baby: Place your soaked cashews and ALL of the ingredients in your blender and blend for one full minute. Then, do the finger taste test to see if you want to add any extra spices, i.e. a pinch of salt or maybe more smoked paprika if you want it to be spicier.
Heat it: The last step is to warm the queso up, because no one wants to eat cold queso. Pour the blended up queso dip into a saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until it’s to your desired temperature.
MORE DELICIOUS DIPS:
Easy Vegan Queso Dip
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews soaked
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika or more to taste
- Soak your cashews: place cashews in a bowl with water and soak for at least 2 hours. Alternatively, you can boil cashews for 20 minutes.
- Place your soaked cashews (cashews only, not the water) and all remaining ingredients into your blender and pulse for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Taste test with your finger and add more spices if you want (i.e. more smoked paprika if you want it a little spicier).
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan and heat over medium-low until it's warmed.
- Add toppings and enjoy!