This Double Chocolate Pretzel Skillet Cookie is a tasty dessert to share, or for one! If you love salty and sweet, this is the dessert for you!
Apparently I’m all about dessert this week. Not mad about it of course because it’s Saturday and the weekend call for something grand like this pretzel skillet cookie. Ohhhh yeah.
I mentioned in Wednesday’s post that I was in DC (maybe you’ve been following along on Insta stories?!). Miguel and I went down on Wednesday to visit with his family, and then spent yesterday morning walking around Chinatown with his mom and eating lunch before checking into our hotel. The rest of the day was spent at Bar Deco enjoying happy hour, and then we went to The Big Hunt for a free comedy show, which exceeded our expectations in every way. Today Miguel and I are planning on doing a lot of walking around before meeting up with my friend Myrandah and her boyfriend Jordan tonight!
So yes, needless to say it’s been a fun trip and I’ve more than earned this giant pretzel skillet cookie with all the walking we’ve done!
Sometimes you want a batch of cookies, you know, to give away to your family and friends. But other times, you just want ONE fantastic giant cookie all for yourself (or maybe to share with your significant other….maybe). You guys know I love chocolate-pretzel, so I figured what better flavor than a chocolate pretzel skillet cookie?!
This skillet cookie is made with simple ingredients
Tip: In order for the cookie to be the perfect texture (i.e. chewy and not too hard), you’re going to want to take the skillet out of the oven a minute or two early. You want the center to be gooey, but the outer edges to be set. I found this to be around 30 minutes, but I recommend checking yours after 25 minutes because every oven is different!
Eat up friends, and happy weekend!
Double Chocolate Pretzel Skillet CookiePrint Pin Rate
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Add ins:
- 3/4 cup dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pretzels crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter, brown and cane sugar together in a separate bowl; add eggs and vanilla and mix together.
- Next, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together either in the microwave or over the stovetop, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Pour melted chocolate into bowl with the eggs and stir.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir; mix in the chocolate chips and pretzels by hand and then scoop entire mixture into a cast iron or oven-safe skillet and place the skillet in the oven. Bake cookie for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges have set but the center is still gooey.
- Remove from oven and eat right away.