Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Delicious and moist double chocolate chip zucchini bread that’s vegan-friendly and ready in under an hour!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: bread
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 flax eggs*
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup Oatly oatmilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Make the flax eggs: stir flaxseed and water together and wait 5-10 minutes for the flaxseed to absorb the water; next, melt coconut oil and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients–flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, and salt–in a bowl.
- Whisk milk and vanilla in with the dry ingredients; then, add the flax eggs, melted oil and shredded zucchini.
- Last, stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Grease a 9×5 bread pan then pour batter into the pan; sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake bread for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Leave bread in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully run a knife along the edges and invert it into a cooling rack.
- Wait a few minutes for the bread to cool, then slice and enjoy!
*2 tbsp flaxseed meal+5 tbsp water
Keywords: zucchini bread, chocolate zucchini bread, vegan zucchini bread