This Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is made with cocoa powder and chocolate chips and is perfectly moist. It’s vegan-friendly and ready in under 1 hour!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Oatly. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that keep this site running!
Can you ever really go wrong with zucchini bread? I don’t think so! My mom used to make the BEST zucchini bread growing up, only hers wasn’t chocolate and it had walnuts in it, but I just remember the texture being super moist. I emulated that when creating this double chocolate zucchini bread, all while keeping it vegan.
This is my second post with Oatly, and I’m super excited to bring you a chocolate-filled recipe that can be eaten for breakfast, dessert or both. Oatly is my milk of choice these days because it can easily be used in place of regular dairy milk and it has a neutral taste to it. Plus, it’s nut-free!
WHY THIS CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD IS SO GOOD
- It’s made with cocoa powder AND chocolate chips
- It’s super moist
- It comes together in under an hour
EASY ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE
Zucchini bread is a classic recipe, but some might argue it’s even better with chocolate. Double chocolate zucchini bread gives traditional zucchini bread a run for its money, and this recipe itself has the perfect texture. I’d say it’s a bonus that it’s made with flax eggs and dairy free milk, making it suitable for most dietary preferences.
Enjoy a slice of bread for breakfast, or even as an after dinner treat with a cup of Oatly. ….honestly, the perfect combination.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD
- Prepare the flax eggs by mixing two tablespoons of flaxseed meal with five tablespoons of water. Do this step first so that your eggs are ready by the time you need them
- Combine the dry ingredients, then the wet ingredients
- Add the zucchini: I tested this recipe twice, once with the moisture squeezed out of the zucchini and once with the zucchini placed directly in with the rest of the ingredients. In the end, it didn’t make a difference, so there’s no need to squeeze moisture out of the zucchini; simply add the shredded zucchini into the bowl
- Stir the chocolate chips in by hand: semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips are preferred
HOW TO STORE ZUCCHINI BREAD / CAN ZUCCHINI BREAD BE FROZEN?
Wrap zucchini bread tightly in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you don’t think you’re going to eat it within three days, simply place it in the refrigerator. If you’re making zucchini bread ahead of time and want to freeze it, wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil or in a plastic bag and freeze it for 2-3 months.
MORE BREAD RECIPES
Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs*
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup Oatly oatmilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Make the flax eggs: stir flaxseed and water together and wait 5-10 minutes for the flaxseed to absorb the water; next, melt coconut oil and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients--flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, and salt--in a bowl.
- Whisk milk and vanilla in with the dry ingredients; then, add the flax eggs, melted oil and shredded zucchini.
- Last, stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Grease a 9x5 bread pan then pour batter into the pan; sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake bread for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Leave bread in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully run a knife along the edges and invert it into a cooling rack.
- Wait a few minutes for the bread to cool, then slice and enjoy!