There’s no need to buy granola when you can make this easy homemade Coffee Orange Granola recipe in just 20 minutes. It’s made with minimal, wholesome ingredients too!
Granola is the ultimate breakfast/snack/dessert, isn’t it? I’ve made this recipe three times already, and each time I’ve made it I’ve eaten it for different meals.
I love it, I love it, I love it, especially when it’s this coffee orange granola. Actually, I love it so much that I can’t fathom why people buy granola. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pretty lazy and I’m certainly not someone who makes homemade everything, but granola? It’s crazy expensive and the homemade kind is SO easy. Please tell me you agree?!
This orange granola uses brewed coffee (or cold brew!) and orange zest, so you know it’s full of flavor. It’s delicious as cereal, in a parfait, on a smoothie bowl, on its own.. oh the possibilities!
HEALTHY GRANOLA RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- Old fashioned oats: When making granola, go for old fashioned or rolled oats instead of steel cut.
- Cane sugar, or granulated sugar
- Pecans, or your favorite kind of nut
- Salt: The recipe calls for a pinch of salt, and I think it’s always best to start with a small pinch and you can always add more if you think it needs more salt.
- Melted coconut oil: Coconut oil tends to be my go-to oil, but you can technically use any kind of healthy oil OR melted butter
- Brewed coffee, or cold brew
- Maple syrup, or honey
- Vanilla extract
- Orange zest
HOW TO MAKE GRANOLA
If you’ve never made your own granola, here’s the deal: it’s just old fashioned oats plus any add-ins you want, plus a bit of melted coconut oil to help everything stick together. It takes no more than 20 minutes from start to finish and is way cheaper than store-bought granola. ….oh wait, did I already say that? Whoooooops. My favorite way to eat granola is on top of yogurt, and my favorite yogurts are all dairy-free, so technically this recipe can be vegan-friendly if you want it to be.
ALMOND EATER BREAKFAST RECIPESPrint
Coffee Orange Granola
This coffee orange granola combines both flavors into one QUICK and healthy granola recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: granola
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee (or cold brew coffee)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine oats, pecans, sugar, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine coconut oil, coffee, syrup, and vanilla in a separate bowl; stir, and then add wet ingredients to the oats and stir until the oats are coated.
- Last, add the orange zest.
- Spread granola out onto a large baking pan and place it into the oven. Bake granola for 15-20 minutes, or until oats are slightly golden around the outside of the pan. Another way to test this is to remove the baking pan from the oven and place it on top of the stove for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, if your oats have hardened, then it’s good, but if they’re still soft, you’ll need to bake the granola for a few more minutes.
- Remove from the pan, wait until granola has cooled, and enjoy!
Keywords: orange granola, coffee granola