Enjoy these salty and sweet 8-ingredient Cinnamon Chocolate Pretzel Bars. Not only are they crazy simple, but they’re dairy free, vegan and require ZERO baking!
I’ve already said it, but chocolate pretzel is my favorite dessert combination—they just go together SO STINKIN’ WELL . Gimme the salty, gimme the sweet, put them together and I’m a happy camper. You too? Please say yes.
What about cinnamon? Do you love cinnamon as much as I do? I love adding a bit here and there for an extra punch of sweetness, especially in desserts. Besides chocolate and pretzels, chocolate and cinnamon go together too. I don’t remember when I first discovered this fact, but my cinnamon chocolate chip overnight oats is one of my most popular recipes to date, so I know you must love it like I do! I decided to combine ALL THREE FLAVORS (<—whoa getting crazy) in these cinnamon chocolate pretzel bars.
Switching gears per the usual..what are your weekend plans looking like? Alexa convinced me to go to Jessica’s brunchshop tomorrow, so that’s what I’ll be doing! I’ve never attended any sort of blog conference or workshop or blogging event, mostly because there are few events in or near the Pittsburgh area, so I’m excited to see what it’ll be like. I’m assuming we’ll be chatting blogging, practicing photography and eating food, sooo what’s not to love?
As a blogger, I think it’s so important to learn from other bloggers rather than compare. <—easier said than done. Since I spend every morning reading blogs, it’s SO easy to look at someone else and think ‘wow her photos are better than mine, her writing is seamless, and her social following is so much higher, therefore I suck’. Seriously, I’ve been there and it’s not fun. Lately, I’ve been making a conscious effort to just focus on ME. That doesn’t mean I can’t praise another blogger and mean it, it just means that I’m pushing any negative thoughts away. It may sound selfish, but I refuse to fall back into the comparison trap that every blogger falls in at some point and that, I’m assuming, a lot of professionals fall into despite the line of work. I blame social media, but that’s a somewhat separate topic for another day.
Phew, I’m exhausted. Let’s wind down with these chocolate pretzel bars mmmmk?
They’re vegan, no bake, dairy free, totally awesome, and friend/co-worker/Miguel approved. I made this recipe twice and the second time I gave the bars to Miguel to give to his co-workers (since my main co-worker is Layla…) and he said they devoured them. YAAAS SUCCESS. I also made a batch for my friend who printed the labels for my wedding invitations, and she said via text “Um I need that recipe. Ahhhhhmazing.”
What I’m trying to say is that I think you’re going to like these a lot. The bottom layer is just six ingredients and the top layer is simply chocolate+coconut oil with crushed pretzels on top, and maybe a dash of cinnamon if you’re feeling it. I hope you lalalaLOVE these bars, and happy Friday friends!Print
Cinnamon Chocolate Pretzel Bars
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Combine pretzels and pecans in the food processor; add dates, syrup, almond butter, and cinnamon and pulse until everything is mixed together.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and use a spatula or your hands to press mixture down flat. Once everything is smooth, place pan in the freezer.
- For the chocolate: place chocolate chips and oil in a microwave-safe dish and microwave for approximately 2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir the chocolate. Likewise, you can also melt chocolate over the stovetop.
- Pour chocolate overtop of pretzel mixture and gently move the pan around so the chocolate covers the entire pretzel layer.
- Sprinkle chocolate with additional pretzel crumbs, sea salt and cinnamon if desired and place pan back in the freezer for 10 minutes or so.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Q: Bloggers: have you found yourself in the comparison trap? How do you snap out of it? Favorite sweet flavor combo? i.e. chocolate+peanut butter