Going in chronological order, let’s recap this week’s posts. Monday I posted a workout and Tuesday I posted a smoothie recipe, so it only makes sense that today I’m posting a cookie recipe. If you’ve followed along so far, then you deserve a cookie, especially these cookies.
Chocolate Orange Cookies
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk (I used organic skim)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 4 oz. dark chocolate (or approx. 1/2 cup chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl and mix together.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together butter, egg, milk, orange juice, and orange zest.
- Fold in the liquid ingredients with the dry ingredients until everything is mixed; add in the chocolate last and stir by hand.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the cookie dough onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake until cookies are slightly browned (approx. 15 minutes).