These Chocolate Coconut Popsicles are dipped in chocolate and just what you need to curb your sweet tooth and cool down on a hot summer day. Bonus: they’re dairy free and only 6 ingredients!
You know, for being a food blogger, I’m pretty terrible at keeping up with food holidays. I blame it on the fact that there are SEVERAL different food “holidays” every single day. National Donut day was this past Friday and I felt like a fool for not knowing. *Currently marking it on my calendar so I remember next year* With all of this said, I do think it’s fun when you put up a recipe that happens to coincide with a food holiday.
Lucky for me, my friends over at American Eagle informed me that today is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day, so I figured, what better way to celebrate than with chocolate popsicles?!
I had been eyeing a popsicle mold for two years (kind of pathetic, I know), so I finally broke down and purchased one about a month ago. Best decision ever? I think yes. Also, if you’re ever debating something for two years, you should probably just bite the bullet and GO FOR IT.
I don’t know about you, but popsicles instantly remind me of my childhood. After spending all day out in the sun, they were the perfect cool-down snack. Popsicles were always the answer to my “it’s so hot!” whining. Sadly, you don’t hear about adults eating popsicles nearly as often as kids, and I’m guessing that’s partially because many of the store bought popsicles are full of fake flavors and generally just aren’t good. Yeah, I said it. Lucky for you, these chocolate coconut popsicles are quite the opposite!
These popsicles are:
Equal parts chocolate and coconut
Sweet but not too sweet
The cool thing is that you can make this recipe in a blender, so the prep time is only five minutes if that! Once you’re ready to devour them, you take them out of the freezer, dip them in melted chocolate and gobble them right up. But you already knew that.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by American Eagle. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site!
Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Coconut PopsiclesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 can 13 oz. coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Combine milk, cocoa, syrup, and vanilla in a blender and pulse for 30 seconds or until mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly into popsicle mold and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- When you're ready to eat the popsicles, prepare the chocolate dip.
- Heat chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe dish for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds; set aside.
- Remove popsicles from the freezer and follow instructions on the mold package on how to remove them.
- As you remove them, dip each popsicle into the chocolate dip and then set onto a plate or baking sheet; repeat with all popsicles and then place them back in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy!
Q: What’s a cool but not super necessary purchase you’ve made recently?