Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
This chocolate chip pecan pie is filled with plenty of pecans and chocolate chips and made with honey instead of corn syrup for a slightly healthier (keyword: slightly) pie recipe.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 pie
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: pie
for the crust:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cold
- 8-10 tbsp ice water
for the pie:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup pecans, chopped and whole*
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips**
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add flour and sugar to your food processor and pulse for a few seconds. Then, place food processor on high and add the butter in through the top while the processor is running. Wait a minute or so, then add the water in 1 tbsp at a time until the mixture forms into a ball.
- Remove the dough, roll it out into a circle on a floured surface then place it in your pie pan. Trim the edges and set aside.
- For the filling: whisk honey, eggs, butter, and vanilla together; then, add the brown sugar and flour and stir to combine. Last, stir in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour filling into the pie pan, then bake the pie at 400° for 10 minutes; then, reduce heat to 350° and bake for an additional 25-40 minutes. The crust shouldn’t burn, but if you notice it getting too dark, place foil over top of the pie and continue baking. You’ll know the pie is done when most if it is set but it’s still a little jiggly in the middle–you just don’t want it to be sloshing around.
- Remove pie from the oven and wait a few minutes before placing it in the refrigerator, which will help the pie to fully set.
- Before serving, sprinkle pie with some flakey sea salt, then cut and serve with ice cream!
*I recommend chopping half of them and leaving the other half whole
**I used semi sweet chocolate chips, but milk or dark chocolate works too
Keywords: pecan pie, chocolate pecan pie, dessert