This flavor-packed Chimichurri Potato Salad is good-for-you meets delicious all in one easy to prepare salad recipe.
All I have to say is that I WISH I would’ve made this chimichurri salad during my Whole30 because oh my gosh it’s GOOD. This recipe is from Love & Lemons newest cookbook, Love and Lemons Every Day, which is set to release April 2, 2019. The cookbook is filled with 100 plant-based recipes that you can easily be made even with the busiest of schedules.
If the photos don’t do it justice, let me convince you that you need this salad and therefore this cookbook in your life.
The recipe itself is quite simple—it’s a combination of arugula, green beans and potatoes—but it’s the chimichurri “dressing” that takes this salad from good to great.
POTATO SALAD INGREDIENTS
*not including the chimichurri
- green beans
- lemon juice
See? SIMPLE INGREDIENTS, but still so much flavor already.
HOW TO MAKE CHIMICHURRI POTATO SALAD
Step 1: cook the potatoes over the stove top until they’re soft when pierced with a fork.
Step 2: cut the green beans into one inch pieces and have a bowl of ice water nearby. Once the potatoes are cooked, you’ll drain them then bring another pot of water (you can use the same pot) to a boil. Once boiling, add the green beans and boil for just 2 minutes, then place them into the ice water for a minute or two before placing them on a towel or paper towel-lined baking sheet to dry.
Step 3: make the chimichurri sauce by whisking all of the ingredients together.
Step 4: combine everything together. I did this by placing everything in a large bowl then using kitchen tongs to stir until the dressing coated the arugula, beans and potatoes.
See? It’s simple and I’m not kidding when I say it’s loaded with flavor. It’s quite the opposite of a boring salad and it meets pretty much every dietary need—win!
Again, this recipe is from Love and Lemons newest cookbook, Love and Lemons Every Day, so be sure to pick up a copy!
Disclaimer: I was provided a copy of the cookbook, but all opinions are my own!Print
Chimichurri Potato Salad
This chimichurri potato salad is made with arugula, green beans and potatoes and drizzled in a chimichurri vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: lunch
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: sides
for the salad:
- 2 lbs. small potatoes, halved
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 12 oz. fresh green beans, trimmed and chopped into 1” pieces
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Black pepper
- 3 red radishes or 1 watermelon radish, sliced
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
for the chimichurri:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley, 1 tbsp reserved for garnish
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by about 1″. Stir in the salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until fork-tender, 10-14 minutes. Drain the potatoes and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, refill the pot with water, bring it to a boil, and set a bowl of ice water nearby. Drop the green beans into the boiling water and blanch for 2 minutes, drain, and immediately immerse in the ice water to stop the cooking process. After 1 minute, drain and place on a kitchen towel to dry.
- Make the chimichurri: in a small bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, paprika, salt, parsley, and oregano.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Add the green beans, scallions, three-quarters of the chimichurri, and a few generous pinches of salt and pepper. Gently toss. Mix in the radishes, arugula, lemon juice, and remaining chimichurri. Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with the reserved 1 tbsp parsley.
*recipe is from the cookbook Love and Lemons Every Day
Keywords: potato salad