Make this Chicken Sausage Egg Frittata ahead of time and breakfast will be a breeze all week long! This recipe comes together in 30 minutes and is filled with protein and flavor.
Our last day… *tear* Oh my gosh what a trip it’s been!! <—side note: I actually have no idea if this is true because I’m writing this two weeks ahead of time. HA. Just a little real life FYI for ya! But my ahead-of-time self likes to think it’s been an amazing trip full of delicious food (tons of pizza, tons of gelato, tons of wine/beer) and sight-seeing and relaxing. Yes, that is what I’m hoping. Of course I’ll be doing an Italy recap within the next week or two (most likely two).
I figured I’d share one last recipe, because as much as I’ve enjoyed being away, I love my little corner of the internet. I love this space and I love “talking” with all of you, even if it is just 3x/week. Blog burnout is very real, but whenever I take a break or vacation, I always feel recharged and ready to take on all the blog tasks when I return!
This chicken sausage egg frittata is stupid simple, but I’m sharing it anyway. Ya see, I love eggs, but sometimes I wait until the last minute to make breakfast and “don’t have time” <—embarrassingly enough, I am that person. If you are also that person, prepping this frittata ahead of time will be a real life saver for your mornings. You can enjoy your eggs simply by eating them up in the microwave or oven, meaning zero prep work is involved other than the initial making of this chicken sausage egg frittata.
I like the sound of that.
This recipes come together in exactly 30 minutes, is FULL of protein and will provide breakfast for 6 mornings! Or breakfast for 3 mornings serving 2 people. Ya know, however you wanna look at it, it’s a pretty good deal.
Chicken Sausage Egg FrittataPrint Rate
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2 chicken sausage links sliced (regular or apple flavored are both really good)
- 1/2 cup sliced baby bella or white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cheese I used a combination of havarti and cheddar
- 2 tbsp chives sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Whisk eggs together in a large bowl; stir in chicken sausage, mushrooms, cheese, and chives by hand.
- Spray an oven-safe skillet with non-stick spray or olive oil and pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Bake eggs for 25-30 minutes or until eggs have set and edges are slightly crisp.
- Sprinkle eggs with pepper, slice into pieces and enjoy!
Q: Favorite way to prep eggs?