Chicken Brussels Sprouts Salad [whole30]
This chicken brussels sprouts salad can easily be made ahead of time and enjoyed for lunch throughout the week.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2-3
- Category: lunch
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: brussels sprouts
for the salad:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, sliced
- 3 eggs, poached
- 1/4 cup dressing, or more (see below)
for the dressing:
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup paleo mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by boiling the chicken: place chicken in a large saucepan, fill it with water until the water covers the chicken by 2 inches, then bring it to a boil and boil for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Then, shred the chicken.
- While the chicken is boiling, cook the brussels sprouts in a skillet with a bit of olive oil.
- Once chicken and sprouts are cooked, pour them into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Next, prepare the dressing: place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour some of the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
- Last, poach (or soft boil) the eggs and add them to the salad.
- Optional: add a little bit of hot sauce for good measure.
*Salad should keep for up to 3 days in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Keywords: chicken brussels sprouts, whole30 brussels sprouts