This Cheesy Potato Mushroom Naan Pizza makes for one tasty lunch and is topped with two kinds of cheese, kale, potatoes, and shiitake mushrooms.
Pizza….again? YES. Can you ever have too much pizza? I don’t think so.
If you didn’t already know, naan is my favorite. I first made naan breakfast pizzas and now I’m showcasing this mushroom naan pizza. But really, Miguel and I love enjoying naan as a side dish with dinner or making our own simple pizzas with just marinara+cheese+pepperoni.
But sometimes, I feel like switching it up and creating an actual recipe, so mushroom pizza it is! Nevermind that Miguel HATES mushrooms (how??????). Of all the mushrooms, I’ve really grown to love shiitake mushrooms because of the way they crisp up when you cook them. MMMMMM.
And of course, the two foods that pair best with mushrooms are….. garlic and cheese! So, I topped the naan with a little garlic, parmesan cheese, asiago cheese, shiitake mushrooms, kale, POTATOES (‘cause why not?), and a drizzle of truffle oil for good measure.
The truffle oil is optional, but if you’ve ever had truffle ANYTHING you know it pairs so, so well with potatoes, mushrooms and cheese so… I say go for it. Just remember that a little bit goes a long way.
Oh! One other reason why these pizzas are the bees knees—they’re mini!—meaning they’re perfect for lunch, in my opinion. And not that rolling pizza dough out is a task (it’s not), but using naan as the crust makes it even easier. I’m about it.
Cheesy Potato Mushroom Naan Pizza
- 2 pieces naan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 cup asiago cheese freshly grated
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 4 small yellow potatoes thinly sliced
- 1 cup kale
- Pinch black pepper
- Optional: 2 tbsp truffle oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; then, add mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes before adding the garlic and sautéing for an additional minute; set aside.
- Next, place naan on a baking sheet and top both pieces with the parmesan and asiago cheese. Then, add the sliced potatoes, cooked mushrooms and garlic. Last, top the pizzas with kale and black pepper.
- Place pizza in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and kale is crispy.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with truffle oil (optional), slice and serve.