Butternut Squash Chickpea Chili
This butternut squash chickpea chili is made in the slow cooker in just 4 hours, is vegan-friendly and loaded with tons of veggies!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: chili
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes (I like fire roasted)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (I used marinara)
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce*
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in your slow cooker, stir then cook on high for 4 hours.
- Scoop chili into bowl and serve with a side of mac and cheese (totally optional but SO good).
*If you have adobo sauce, use that. If not, harissa paste will also work.
Keywords: butternut squash chili, chickpea chili, slow cooker chili, vegan chili