Black Eyed Peas Beer Chili
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 1 small-medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) tomato paste
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup brown rice (or any kind of rice)
- 1 cup black eyed peas
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chipotle seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cane sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) beer of your choice
- 3 cups water
- Drizzle your slow cooker with olive oil to prevent anything from sticking.
- Next, place all ingredients into the slow cooker and give everything a good stir.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until peas and rice are cooked through.
- Remove from slow cooker, top with sour cream, avocado, and maybe even some crushed up tortilla chips and enjoy!