This Baked Truffle Fries recipe is full of flavor and ready in under 30 minutes! The fries are nice and crispy and better yet, they’re served with an easy 3-ingredient garlic aioli that you will LOVE.
Raise your hand if you love truffle oil! These Baked Truffle Fries are the best way to enjoy truffle oil (though it’s pretty tasty on truffle pizza and truffle mac and cheese, too). See, a lot of french fry recipes require you to use a ton of oil, but not these. Baked fries are healthier but still super crispy, so it’s a win-win.
The first time I ever tried truffle oil was on fries, and I remember being so taken aback in the best way. It’s a unique flavor, and one that I immediately fell in love with.
WHAT IS TRUFFLE OIL?
Truffles are a kind of fungi similar to mushroom, and truffle oil is oil that’s been infused with truffles. It’s an incredibly unique flavor that I’m personally a huge fan of.
WHY THESE TRUFFLE FRIES ARE SO GOOD
- They’re coated in truffle oil, salt, pepper, and a little parmesan cheese, aka the BEST flavors
- They’re ready in under 30 minutes
- They pair well with plenty of main dishes (see below for a list of foods to eat with these fries)
HOW TO MAKE BAKED TRUFFLE FRIES
Slice the potatoes: Keep in mind that the thinner you slice them, the crispier the fries will be.
Coat in oil: Once the potatoes are cut into fries, place them into a bowl, pour the oil over top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use both hands to stir the potatoes and oil together so that they’re completely coated. For this recipe, add some of the oil onto the potato slices before baking, and then drizzle the rest of it onto the fries after they’re baked to ensure the flavor really comes through.
Bake the fries: You have two options: 1) Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray or 2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and then pour the fries out onto the baking sheet, but make sure they’re evenly spread out. This will allow them to get nice and crispy. Bake the fries, but make sure to flip them at least once during the baking process.
NOTE: These fries are best served fresh; otherwise, they may lose some of their crispiness.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THESE FRIES
- Caesar Salad Pizza
- Bacon-Wrapped Salmon
- Lamb Burgers with Feta
- Salmon Burgers with Garlic Aioli
- Spicy Cod Sandwich
Baked Truffle Fries
- 3 russet potatoes scrubbed
- 3 tbsp truffle oil divided
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
For the aioli:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and place them into a large bowl. Add 2 tbsp truffle oil, salt and pepper to the fries, then use your hands to coat the fries.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray OR line with parchment paper, then place fries onto a baking sheet, making sure they're evenly spread out.
- Bake fries for 25-30 minutes, flipping half way through.
- While fries are baking, make the aioli: Scoop mayo out into a bowl, then heat oil in a skillet and add the garlic; cook for 1-2 minutes. Pour oil and garlic over the mayo and stir to combine.
- Drizzle baked fries with 1 tbsp truffle oil, along with additional salt and pepper and parmesan cheese if you want.