Almond Banana Bread
This almond banana bread recipe takes traditional banana bread to the next level by adding almond extract and toasted almonds.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: bread
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- For the glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork, removing as many lumps as possible; set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave or over stovetop and set aside, allowing a few minutes for it to cool down.
- Whisk milk and eggs into the bowl with the bananas; once the oil has cooled a bit, add the oil, along with the almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda together.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Last, gently fold in the almonds by hand.
- Line a bread pan with coconut oil and then pour batter into pan, dropping the pan down on the counter a few times to evenly spread out the batter.
- Place pan in the oven and bake bread for 55-60 minutes. Use a toothpick to check doneness of the bread.
- Remove bread from the oven and leave it in the pan for 10 minutes or so before carefully removing it and placing it on a cooling rack. Keep the oven on!
- While bread is cooling, prepare the glaze: Place sliced almonds on a baking sheet and toast them for 7-10 minutes, or until they’re slightly golden brown. Meanwhile, stir powdered sugar, milk and extract together with an electric mixer; stir in the toasted almonds by hand.
- Once the bread has cooled, pour the glaze overtop.
- Slice and enjoy!
Keywords: banana bread, almond bread, almond banana bread