One Pot Gnocchi with Sausage and Kale
This one pot gnocchi makes for an easy clean-up and is filled with gnocchi, sausage, kale, and cheese–perfect for chilly days spent on the couch!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: lunch
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: soup
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casing removed*
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lb. gnocchi
- 32 oz. (approx. 4 cups) chicken broth
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cups kale, stems removed
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more
- Black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- Start by cooking the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat. One it’s cooked, set aside.
- In that same skillet, add 1-2 tbsp oil then cook the onion for a couple minutes then add in the garlic. One the garlic turns golden in color, add the gnocchi and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, then slowly stir in the cheese and salt. Continue simmering until the gnocchi is *almost* cooked, then add in the kale and cook until gnocchi is fully cooked.
- Last, add the sausage back in and add some pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
*Alternatively, you can use 1 lb. ground pork
**If you want a thinner broth, add in 1/2-1 cup of water
Keywords: gnocchi, one pot gnocchi, soup