Chicken Sausage Leek Cornbread Stuffing
This leek cornbread stuffing is made with leeks, chicken sausage and cornbread and is a super quick and flavor-packed way to prepare stuffing.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: casserole
- 1 batch cornbread made in an 8×8 dish, broken into bite-size pieces (approx. 6 cups)
- 3 links apple chicken sausage
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups leeks, sliced
- 2 cups celery
- 1 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook chicken sausage in a skillet then set aside in a large bowl.
- Add butter to that same skillet, then cook the leeks and celery over medium high heat for a few minutes until soft, then add the thyme and stir.
- Pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream, then add salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes, then pour mixture into the bowl with the chicken sausage. Now, add the eggs to that bowl and stir. Pour mixture into a 9×13 baking dish, then add in the cornbread and GENTLY stir! Some if it is going to break and that’s ok–you want there to still be a handful of full cornbread cubes.
- Bake stuffing for 45 minutes or until cornbread is golden on top. If cornbread begins to burn, add foil over top of the casserole dish.
- Remove, season with additional salt and pepper and enjoy!
Keywords: cornbread stuffing, stuffing, thanksgiving