Fresh Tomato Spaghetti Squash Pasta
Spaghetti squash pasta is just like regular pasta–garlic, tomatoes, sauce, and cheese–minus the carbs!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Pinch of oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- Optional: 1 ball burrata cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice squash in half length-wise and brush both sides with 2 tbsp olive oil. Place squash cut side down on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of the squash roasting, prepare the rest of the meal. Heat the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the tomatoes. Cook tomatoes for a few minutes, then add the garlic and stir. Continue cooking until tomatoes are blistered on both sides; use a slotted spoon to remove tomatoes and garlic.
- Pour sauce into the same skillet and heat it up until it’s at your desired temperature.
- Once squash is done cooking, use your fork to pull back a few spaghetti strands, then divide the garlic, tomatoes and tomato sauce between both sides of spaghetti squash. Sprinkle them with oregano, red pepper and basil leaves then add burrata cheese on top if desired.
Keywords: spaghetti squash, baked spaghetti squash, spaghetti squash pasta