Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts Salad
This brown butter brussels sprouts salad is made with cooked brussels sprouts, pancetta and arugula and drizzled with the most delicious balsamic brown butter dressing.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: lunch
- Method: skillet
- Cuisine: salad
- 1 cup (4 oz.) pancetta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, chopped
- 3 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 heaping cup arugula
for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Cook the pancetta in a large nonstick skillet. Once it’s cooked, use a slotted spoon to remove the pancetta but save the grease. Place pancetta in a bowl and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the skillet, then cook the brussels sprouts in the skillet over medium-high heat until they’re browned to your liking. Pour brussels sprouts and remaining oil into the bowl with the pancetta, then sprinkle cheese over top and stir to combine.
- Next, make the dressing. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to burn it! You want it to be a golden brown color. Pour butter into a bowl, then add the balsamic; stir to combine, then drizzle HALF of it over top of the brussels sprouts mixture.
- Pour mixture out onto a plate or into a large bowl, then top it with the arugula. Drizzle arugula with the rest of the brown butter.
Keywords: brussels sprouts salad, brown butter brussels sprouts