Hi!! I swear I haven’t forgotten about you guys—would you believe me if I told you I’ve just been really busy doing freelance work? Because it’s true. A lot of fun projects have been happening lately, which is great, but it doesn’t leave me much time for recipe development. I would say “forgive me”, but I have a feeling the same thing is going to happen this month, too. So, expect to see less blog content in the coming weeks, though I hope to still pop in twice a week with a recipe. Fingers crossed!
Ok so what exactly was I up to in August? Well let’s see…
(Ok now that I’m looking over all that I was up to, I feel like this is about to be the most boring update ever…. apologies in advance):
1. I went to physical therapy for my knee (<—see I told you, really exciting stuff). Basically I hurt my knee months ago but it was only mildly bothersome until the beginning on August, when it completely swelled up one day after a barre class. Since then, I’ve been trying to do physical therapy exercises at home to help strengthen my IT band and quads along with my ankles, which are abnormally weak. Fun stuff!
2. This is old news, but if you somehow missed it I did Whole30 and wrote a post about it. Since then, I’ve found myself eating generally healthier. Not like, exclusively paleo or eating celery as a snack (ha, never), but I feel like I’ve been a tad more mindful of my food choices. Minus ice cream. I’ve been enjoying a lot of ice cream lately (helloooo end of summer!).
3. If you follow me on Instagram, then you probably know that I shoot interiors from time to time. Well, the photos I took finally went live in August and you can check them out here. They’re not all my photos, but about 80% of the photos on the site were taken by me. It was fun getting to shoot different homes and even more fun to see them on a website vs. me just looking at them on my computer.
4. On that same note, I started working with two additional interior clients following the launch of that site, which has been pretty cool. It’s completely different from food (obviously), but I have a lot of fun shooting beautiful homes and getting inspiration for my own place someday. Ok honestly, it’s just making me more and more indecisive because I love everything!
5. I’m attending Expo East next week—is anyone else going?! It was a semi last minute decision, but I figured why not? It’s in Baltimore this year, which is only a 4 hour drive from Pittsburgh. Easy peasy! I’ll be staying with Ashley and Jess and I’m pumped!
6. I’m also going on my annual Puerto Rico trip (<—which Miguel says I need to stop saying because I sound way too casual about it. Like, OHHH NBD JUST PUERTO RICO, so apologies if that’s how that comes across) and I’m excited to be in a pool. It sounds ridiculous, but Puerto Rico is almost always the only time of year I swim. And by “swim” I mean stand in the pool with a piña colada in my hand. I know hurricane Irma is hitting there right now and I’m nervous, not just because of my vacation obviously, but because Puerto Rico holds a tiny piece of my heart and I want the island to survive. After Harvey, it’s hard not to think the worst.
7. Oh! And for the few people who have asked, yes I am still getting my daily headaches BUT they’re becoming a bit more manageable… I’m not sure why or how, but I’m hoping this trend continues.
Well, that’d a semi depressing note to end on, but that’s all I’ve got guys. Between my usual amount of work and the extra interior photography projects I took on, August was super busy and I know September’s going to be equally if not more busy. I will be posting a recipe tomorrow though so stay tuned!