Ok sooo I need to get this out there: I was thiiiiiiis close to calling these truffles, but decided last minute that I didn’t want to confuse anyone. I called them “bites”, but they’re so much more than that! They’re covered in chocolate-y goodness and, and, well, REALLY good.
My brother Justin, who lives approximately 5 minutes away from me, came over last week to watch Big Brother. First of all, let me just say… what a strange show. I’d never seen it before, but he was cable-less so he came over and borrowed my cable. Everyone on the show is so dramatic and just stabs everyone else in the back. ….which I suppose is pretty similar to some of my favorite reality TV shows so who am I to talk?
ANYWAY, I made a batch of these chocolate strawberry bites the day before and stuck them in the freezer. Yeah, well after Justin the chocolate addict came over I was left with five less than earlier that day. I mean…they are pretty freaking good.
As he was shoving his face he kindly asked, “How do you not eat all of these at once?!” Self control my brethren, self control. I think you have to practice self control around all balls/bites because they are so portable and delicious that it wouldn’t actually be that difficult to eat them all in one sitting. If I was legit starved (aka hadn’t eaten in four hours) I could probably do it. I wouldn’t be proud, but it could be done.
Ohhh and did I mention they’re vegan? And only five ingredients? Mhmmmm. Five ingredients+a food processor+a tiny bit of patience to get them covered in chocolate and you’re in for a real treat. If you’re feeling especially ravenous and don’t feel like covering these bites in chocolate, then don’t worry about it. Though, the chocolate is kind of what makes these babies. After all, everything’s better with chocolate 🙂
Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bites
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup dates, pitted
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- Place oats, dates, and strawberries into a food processor and pulse until everything is mixed together.
- Roll mixture into bite-size balls and place on a plate.
- Heat chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe dish in the microwave, stirring frequently.
- Use a fork to dip the balls into the chocolate. Once covered, place onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Once all of the balls are covered in chocolate, place baking sheet into the freezer until chocolate hardens.
Q: Do you or have you ever watched Big Brother? How mad are you that I called these truffles?