Happy happy Monday! How’s everyone’s day so far? I apologize for being a bit MIA this weekend–I was sick Friday and ended up staying home from work. Thanks to plenty of rest, I am feeling better (not 100%, but I’ll take it!).
Ok you guys know I love bites, right? Well, these chocolate coconut bites are NUT FREE, along with a bunch of other things.
After I made these balls my friend Zoë commented on my Instagram and said that she hoped to inspire a nut-free post someday since she is allergic to nuts. Well Zoë and fellow blog readers, that’s exactly what these are. These coconut chocolate bites are nut-free, dairy-free, gluten free, vegan, and completely delicious.
I accidentally already ate all of them….heh. I’m a huge fan of coconut. In fact, every time I run out of chocolate in the apartment, I resort to eating coconut flakes straight from the bag. Normal?
Another fun fact: this is the first time I had ever used raw cacao and I gotta say I’m obsessed. Not that there’s anything wrong with regular cocoa powder or unsweetened cocoa powder, but the raw cacao just seems to have more flavor. If you happen to be in the vicinity of a health food store, I suggest picking some up and giving it a try! No worries though–you can totally make these with regular cocoa powder and they will be equally as delicious 🙂 With only five ingredients, these take mere minutes to make! Super simple recipe=bonus.
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup+2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Handful chocolate chips (optional)
- Place dry ingredients into a food processor and process on high for approximately 20 seconds.
- Add wet ingredients (oil, syrup) to the processor; Process until mixed. If mixture it too dry, add 1 more tbsp of coconut oil.
- Form mixture into round balls and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Q: Have you ever tried raw cacao? Are you or anyone you know allergic to nuts?