This Vegan Samoa Popcorn is made with a healthy caramel sauce and drizzled with that sauce, plus melted dark chocolate and coconut flakes. An easy snack to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Serious question: does popcorn even count as a recipe? I mean, it’s one of those stupid easy recipes, BUT I wanted to share this samoa popcorn with you anyway, for those days when you’re craving all the salty popcorn+chocolate+caramel+coconut. So…. every day. Also, hiiiiii fastest week ever! I feel like this week literally flew by, which I suppose is what tends to happen with 3-day weekends and 4-day work weeks, eh? I’ll take it.
Oh! Did you happen to catch my Insta-stories Wednesday night? I attended a dinner hosted by Dietz and Watson and it was so.much.fun! I’ll be doing a full event recap and sharing a recipe soon.
But for now… this samoa popcorn. You can of course pop your own popcorn or you can pick up a bag of your favorite plain, lightly-salted popcorn from the store. Once you’ve got that, you’ll just need to whip up my healthier caramel sauce, which is of course vegan and ready in under 30 minutes, and then add a few drizzled of that and a few drizzles of melted dark chocolate, plus some coconut flakes of course. That’s it! Samoa is basically the best flavors all combined into one.
Tip: the caramel sauce should thicken up like traditional caramel sauce (I’ve made it a bunch of times and it typically does), but if for some reason it seems to be on the thinner side, don’t freak out. Since we’re just using it as a drizzle, it doesn’t necessarily have to be super thick.
PS it’s been a hot minute since I’ve updated you on life, so keep your eyes out for a “may things” post tomorrow!
- 4 cups plain or lightly salted popcorn
- 1 serving healthier salted caramel sauce
- 3 oz. dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut*
- Salt to taste
- Place popcorn in a bowl and set aside.
- Make caramel sauce according to the instructions in that post. Once caramel sauce has finished, pour into a cup or bowl and set it aside, allowing it some time to cool off.
- Once the caramel has cooled, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together, stirring occasionally until chocolate has full melted.
- Drizzle caramel sauce and melted chocolate over top of popcorn, and then sprinkle coconut and salt.