Oh well hi there! It’s been a minute, hasn’t it? I mean, not really—I just posted yesterday—but I feel like we need to catch up. I purposely didn’t do one of these posts in April because apparently April was very anti-climatic and maybe even boring. But not May! So here we are. Let’s chat about what I’ve been up to this past month.
1. I’m still getting headaches every single day. I say “still” because I mentioned it on Instagram a few weeks ago, but if you don’t follow me on Instagram or missed my story, then perhaps you weren’t aware. But yes! I wake up with one, then it goes away during the afternoon, then it typically comes back in the evening… some days aren’t so bad, while other days are quite miserable. I’m in communication with my doctor to see if we can figure something out. So far I’ve tried migraine medicine, nasal sprays and saline solutions, massages (note: I get a monthly massage regardless of my headaches, but they haven’t seemed to help my headaches), chiropractor, acupuncture, and I even got a CT scan that came up negative. If any of you have ever or know anyone who has ever had a sinus-like headache without a sinus infection, I’d love to hear your remedies!
2. Ok now onto something more light-hearted.. Jessica and I finished working on her cookbook last week! It was exciting to be done, but also a little sad. I had so much fun working on it and am now going to anxiously await to see the photos in print! …which won’t be for awhile, but I’m excited nonetheless and still eternally grateful for the opportunity.
3. You may have also seen on Instagram, but Miguel and I were in DC for longer than usual two weeks ago to hang out with his family and actually spend some time in the city. Often times when we travel to DC, we more or less hang out with his parents, who actually live about 30 minutes from the DC area. So, it was nice to get to hang out in Alexandria (<—my fave place in DC) and on U Street. We even met up with our two friends there and got an air bnb and went to a DC United game. It was a super fun trip and I’m already wishing we could do it again.
4. As far as TV goes, we watched 13 Reasons Why last month and recently binged season 2 of Master of None. Did you happen to catch either show? What were your thoughts?
5. I also started helping Rite Aid out with their Instagram account! If you don’t already follow them, well, you should! 🙂
6. Coming back to the headaches because I must…. I’m not sure how outspoken I’ve been about diets and food restrictions, but I’m typically not about them. I believe you should eat food that makes you feel good and makes your belly happy, and that everyone has a different definition of what those foods look like. With that said, I’m thinking about doing some sort of Whole30 diet to see if sugar or dairy have anything to do with the head pain. If I do it, I probably won’t eliminate carbs, because my gut isn’t telling me carbs are the culprit, but for now I’m thinking sugar (minus maple syrup/honey for recipe development purposes), dairy, alcohol, and probably caffeine as well. So, if you happen to see a ton of Whole 30/paleo/unusually healthy recipes in the next few weeks, that’s why! I haven’t started yet, but I’m seriously considering it. At this point, I’m up for trying anything.
7. Do you and your significant other celebrate dating anniversaries? I wouldn’t say Miguel and I celebrate necessarily, but we definitely acknowledge it! We celebrated 6 years of dating a couple of weeks ago and it made me feel super old. ….which I assume I’ll continue to feel until the end of time.
8. I feel like there was more stuff but now I don’t remember—shock! That’s all I’ve got for now. Happy weekend, friends!