There’s no need to buy granola when you can make this easy homemade Coffee Orange Granola recipe in just 20 minutes. It’s made with minimal, wholesome ingredients too!
Granola is the ultimate breakfast/snack/dessert, isn’t it? I’ve made this recipe three times already, and each time I’ve made it I’ve eaten it for different meals.
I love it, I love it, I love it, especially when it’s this coffee orange granola. Actually, I love it so much that I can’t fathom why people buy granola. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pretty lazy and I’m certainly not someone who makes my own everything, but granola? It’s crazy expensive and the homemade kind is SO easy. ….yeah it’s not usually as “clumpy” as store bought granola, but this girl isn’t paying $7/bag just for CLUMPS when I can make my own for less!
Am I being annoying? I feel like I am. You get what I’m saying though, right? This granola uses brewed coffee (or cold brew!) and orange zest, so you know it’s full of flavor. It’s delicious as cereal, in a parfait, on a smoothie bowl, on its own.. oh the possibilities!
Alsooo, recently—as in the past week and a half—I’ve been loving Silk’s new almond milk yogurt! This isn’t sponsored or anything, I’m just saying that it’s pretty good for yogurt and it’s what I used in the images above (ok, technically I used a combo of their soy and almond milk yogurt). I’ve been eating yogurt with granola on top as an after-dinner snack, which I know it’s only taken me 12 years to hop on board, but now that I am on board, I can’t get enough!
If you’ve never made your own granola, here’s the deal: it’s just old fashioned oats plus any add-ins you want, plus a bit of melted coconut oil to help everything stick together. It takes no more than 20 minutes from start to finish and is THE BEST and way cheaper than store bought. ….oh wait, did I already say that? Whoooooops.
This orange granola would be extra tasty served with a chocolate cashew smoothie–just sayin’!
Cheers to granola on this spring Wednesday!
- 2½ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup brewed coffee (or cold brew coffee)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine oats, pecans, sugar, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine coconut oil, coffee, syrup, and vanilla in a separate bowl; stir, and then add wet ingredients to the oats and stir until the oats are coated.
- Last, add the orange zest.
- Spread granola out onto a large baking pan and place it into the oven. Bake granola for 15-20 minutes, or until oats are slightly golden around the outside of the pan. Another way to test this is to remove the baking pan from the oven and place it on top of the stove for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, if your oats have hardened, then it's good, but if they're still soft, you'll need to bake the granola for a few more minutes.
- Remove from the pan, wait until granola has cooled, and enjoy!