Tasty Sesame Salmon Burgers that you won’t be able to get enough of! Ingredients include sesame oil, soy sauce and breadcrumbs, aka a whole lot of YUM.
Say hello to my newest obsession that Miguel and I managed to scarf down in 1.5 days: sesame salmon burgers. Or rather, salmon burgers in general.
The good news is that these burgers are easy to make and kind of addicting. The bad news is that it’s not the fastest way to prepare salmon (I know, who am I?!) because after cooking the salmon, it involves two more steps. BUT, the good news is that cooking salmon only takes 8-10 minutes, so those extra steps should still leave you around the 30-40 minute time mark for this meal.
Also, salmon burgers are just FUN. Since a lot of you seemed to love the sesame tofu in these rolls, I decided to use the same marinade on this salmon, only this time there’s also a garlic-ginger mayonnaise involved. YUM.
And only because I can’t bare to ONLY talk about food.. do we have big weekend plans? I’m finishing up my LAST day of interior design photography today, followed by a (I assume) much-needed happy hour with Miguel and his co-workers, and then tomorrow we’re helping my mom and stepdad move into their house! Woohoo! Since moving to Pittsburgh, they’ve just been living in an apartment, so moving into a house will be a huge relief/step up/way better in general. I would say I’d bring them these salmon burgers to try but, like I mentioned, they’re g-o-n-e. Oops.
Reasons I love these burgers include: they’re FULL of protein so they will in fact keep you fuller longer, they’re filled with sesame-soy flavor, they STAY TOGETHER, aka none of the burgers will fall apart during the cooking process <—that’s huge in my opinion.
Tip: I topped my burgers will spiralized carrots, but if you want to be quicker about this and not dirty your spiralizer, I’d recommend just using a vegetable peeler to slice a carrot instead. However, if you’re feeling fancy, go ahead and use the spirazlier!
Tip: All of these toppings and even the mayonnaise is optional. If you have the time, I’d say go ahead and include it, but if you’re in a rush and/or feeling lazy (no judgment), you can skip the mayonnaise. The burgers are totally delicious on their own!
Happy Friday, friends!
- For the salmon:
- 3 salmon filets
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- For the burgers:
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ¾ cup plain breadcrumbs
- For the mayonnaise:
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place salmon on a non-stick baking sheet (or spray with nonstick spray), skin side down, and brush with marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes before flipping over, brushing with marinade and cooking for 5 more minutes.
- While salmon is baking, prepare the mayonnaise. Place mayo in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and place minced garlic in it; cook until garlic starts turning golden and then pour garlic into the mayo. Add ground ginger and stir everything together; set aside.
- By now, the salmon should be cooked. Remove from oven, place salmon on a plate and wait 10 minutes or so for the salmon to cool off a bit.
- Once salmon is cooler, remove the skin and place salmon in a large bowl, mashing it into small pieces with a fork.
- Add eggs, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and breadcrumbs and stir to combine; you should be able to form mixture into patties without it falling apart, but it also shouldn't be super sticky.
- Form mixture into burgers using your hands, making sure the burgers are smooth without a ton of cracks in it (this will prevent the burgers from breaking).
- Heat a small amount of olive oil/coconut oil/regular sesame oil in a large skillet and place 2-3 burgers in the skillet, cooking until golden brown on each side. Repeat this process for the remainder of the burgers.
- Assemble the burgers: place mayonnaise on the bottom burger bun, top with the burger and then top the burger with sliced avocado and carrots.