Switch up taco night with Mediterranean Chicken Tacos. Filled with tzatziki-coated chicken, hummus, tomatoes, red onion, and feta cheese, they’ll satisfy your tzatziki sauce craving!
I knowwww it’s not Tuesday but.. can we pretend it is?
Jk, I’m so glad it’s Friday. But ‘Taco Tuesday’ just sounds so much better than Taco Friday, doesn’t it?
WHO CARES. Cheers to the weekend and cheers to tacos. And tzatziki sauce. Gahhhh, I swear I could eat that stuff daily. That’s actually how this recipe (and a LOT of my recipes, actually) was born—a serious craving for tzatziki sauce and needing to use up some taco shells I had in my freezer from forever ago.
Subject change reeeeeal quick: I haven’t gotten around to replying to the comments from Wednesday’s post, but thanks to all who gave me furniture suggestions! I’ll continue my online browsing and let you know what I eventually decide. Our couch is dark gray, so I’m thinking a wood or marble table might look best, but I also have no idea. Speaking of furniture, I spent time yesterday and I’ll be spending some time today photographing some interior design work. Is this something you guys would be interested in hearing more about? I’m not sure how much I have to talk about really, other than I’m attempting to broaden my horizons in regards to photography, and so far I really like it! I’ve been so busy that I keep forgetting to Snap my days, but I’ll try to remember today.
Though, I think food will always be my number one love. I meeeeeean…
These tacos are made with tzatziki-coated chicken, hummus, tomatoes, red onion, and feta cheese. MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN TACO GOODNESS. I thiiiiink my favorite thing about these is that they have both hummus and tzatziki flavors going on, aka two of the best flavors ever. All on a taco because why not?
Ugh, I can’t. Except I totally can and I will and you should too.
- 8 soft taco shells
- 2-3 chicken breasts, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- ⅔ cup feta cheese
- 1 cup hummus (store bought or this recipe minus the sesame seeds)
- Tzatziki sauce:
- 6 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cucumber
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tsp fresh dill
- 2 mint leaves
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet with 1-2 tbsp of oil and then cook chicken in skillet until it's done.
- While chicken is cooking, make the tzatziki sauce and the hummus. For the tzatziki sauce: combine garlic, cucumber, lemon, dill, and mint in a blender and pulse for 5-10 seconds. Pour into a large bowl and stir in yogurt by hand until everything is combined; set aside.
- Also be sure to chop up the tomatoes and onion while the chicken is cooking.
- Once chicken is done, pour it into the bowl of tzatziki sauce and stir until chicken is well-coated.
- Heat taco shells in a skillet until warm and then fill them with hummus, chicken and vegetables.