1. I attended the How Sweet Eats Brunchshop this past Saturday and it was lovely. It was hosted by Delallo Foods in their workspace, aka the most beautiful kitchen I’d ever seen. I’m kicking myself for not taking more photos—blogger fail for sure. Not only did I learn a lot, but I loved the opportunity to get to interact with like-minded individuals and take pictures of FOOD, aka my actual favorite thing. The one takeaway—well, there were a lot of takeaways—but the one that applies to me right now this very second is to find a photography style and stick to it. I have SUCH a hard time with this (as you’ll notice in my next handful of recipe posts i.e. I switch between bright and airy to dark and moody constantly), but it’s something I want to figure out.
2. Miguel and I went to Millie’s Saturday night and OMGSOGOOD. I opted for salted caramel and dark chocolate, but I’m totally going for the lavender next time. I’m a sucker for lavender.
3. I think Miguel and I are going to renew our lease for the first time ever. WHAAAAT. Yeah we usually move every August but I’m not sure we have it in us this year with the wedding being in July and all.
4. I’m really thinking nails like this for wedding nails. Or something like it anyway.
5. Layla tore up her paws pretty badly while biking with Miguel on Sunday. We went to the vet yesterday and the vet said biking on the pavement isn’t good for dogs paws, and to stick to the trails and running from now on. I think Miguel felt bad, but how was he supposed to know? I certainly didn’t. She slept ALL DAY yesterday because I think she was sore, so we’re going to stick to just walking this week.
That’s all I got! See you tomorrow with a delicious recipe.