1. Last week Miguel and I confirmed our wedding cake design…. kind of. And obviously Miguel had nothing to do with it. It’s going to look something like the photo above but a 2-tier cake with all of the flowers being light pink. Of course the cake lady told me I don’t have to finalize the design until much closer to our wedding, but that’s what I’m thinking as of now.
2. You may have seen on Snapchat (thealmondeater) that I bought wedding shoes over the weekend. I had already decided on flats rather than heels because 1) flats are more comfortable and overall just more my style and 2) Miguel is short. I ended up getting a pair of sparkly peep toe flats and I think they compliment my dress nicely. Just another thing I can cross of the to-do list!
3. I finally got around to addressing the wedding invitations.. last night. About damn time. I have nothing more to say other than I’m so thankful that my friend from the barre studio offered to print me out labels so I didn’t have to hand write all the addresses, which looking back, would have taken FOREVER. Pro tip: print your wedding labels!
4. Layla finally got a dog bed upgrade….how does one go about choosing the best dog bed? I went to Pet Smart and literally placed three beds on the floor and then pressed down on each one to see which one I thought would hold up the longest. Eh? I don’t know… I think she likes her new one considering her old one was sunk in so badly that she was basically sleeping on the floor. Best dog mom ever!
5. I FINALLY found the perfect way to soft boil eggs. You may already know how to soft boil eggs, but in the past I’ve messed them up pretty badly, or I typically don’t boil them quite long enough and then when I try to peel the eggs they completely break in half. You’re dying to know, right? You place the eggs in your saucepan, boil them for 6 minutes (ish) and then immediately place them into a bowl full of ice cold water. THAT’S IT. I’ve read in the past that you need to let them sit in the pot of water for a few minutes but don’t. I successfully soft boiled 4 eggs for the first time ever so I’m convinced the cold water right afterward is the trick. ….let me know if you have any other tips, though.
6. I’m on a tofu kick and it’s weird and delicious and I’m happy about it.
7. I’m also on an avocado toast kick well…always. But especially this week because all of my avocados are ripe so I must eat them ALL. Tell me, what’s your favorite avocado toast topping? I love love red pepper flakes, but I think I need to switch it up.